[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”center” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_image admin_label=”Image” src=”https://123upandadaminc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/chess-1709621_1920.jpg” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” animation=”bottom” sticky=”off” align=”left” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
Strategic planning committee
123 Up And Adam, Inc. needs to develop its Strategic Planning Committee, the board of directors understands that major decisions about the organization’s strategic direction will need to be addressed. This committee will address the organization’s substantive strategic issues at full board meetings. These strategic issues will usually require more focused study prior to bringing a matter to the full board. The committee will provide a forum where the board can share views on strategic issues and have thorough strategic discussions.
Overall Roles and Responsibilities
The Strategic Planning Committee assists the board with its responsibilities for the organization’s strategic direction.
The committee’s specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Making recommendations to the Board of Directors on 123 Up And Adam’s strategic initiatives and services.
2. Identify critical strategic issues
3. Look into alternative strategic options.
4. Establish an effective strategic planning process, and develop a three to five-year strategic plan with measurable goals and time targets.
5. Have an understanding of our industry and stay up-to-date with the organization’s needs.
6. Has a responsibility to improve the scope and quality of services 123 Up And Adam provides To periodically review the organization’s strategic plan and recommend changes to the board
7. Develop criteria for management to use in evaluating potential strategic investments.
8. Develop a strategic dashboard of key indicators.
9. Monitor the organization’s performance against measurable targets or progress points
The committee shall keep a list of Directors and staff assigned to this committee.
The Strategic Planning Committee Shall meet 20 times a year, or when necessary at the call of the committee chair. Meeting dates and times should be specified a year in advance.
The committee will review and receive the following reports:
1. Progress on strategic plan implementation.
2. Healthcare trends summary/Annual environmental assessment.
3. Community health needs assessment.
4. Competitor/partner assessment.
5. Operational and financial assessment.
6. Surveys of community /consumer perceptions
Annual Committee Goals
We will establish annual goals specifying areas which need to be focused on such as policy making, goal setting, and/or oversight activities for the coming year.
Examples may include:
• Studying technological advances and the implications they may have for the organization
• Examining the decline or growth of nursing homes or shelters and the implications for the organization
• Review ways to generate capital to afford program growth, additional facilities, and quality improvement initiatives
• Review 123 Up And Adam’s current services and consider service delivery reconfiguration for financial and quality reasons.
• Assess the degree to which the board and staff understand and embrace the overall Mission, Vision, and organization’s strategic initiatives
Strategic Planning Committee Charter
123 Up And Adam, Inc shall establish the Strategic Planning Committee and amend the organization’s By-Laws where appropriate.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Strategic Planning Committee is to assist the Board of Directors in cooperation with the Secretary in:
- Overseeing the development and implementation of 123 Up And Adam, Inc’s organizational strategic plan
- Providing programmatic guidance and direction
- Review the organization’s major programmatic initiatives and ensure their consistency with 123 Up And Adam Inc’s mission and nature as a public nonprofit corporation
- Promoting programmatic collaborations among 123 Up And Adam’s programs and committees and between itself and outside organizations
- Performing such related functions as may be assigned to it by the Board of Directors.
III. Appointment, Membership, and Length of Service
- The Strategic Planning Committee shall consist of no fewer than three (3) and no more than six (6) members. The Committee also may consist of non-board members well-chosen for their expertise of relevance to the duties and responsibilities of the Committee.
- With the approval of the Board of Director’s the members of the Strategic Planning Committee shall be appointed by the Chairperson.
- The Board of Directors shall recommend every march to the Nominating Committee the preferred membership and chairmanship for their respective committees for the ensuing calendar year.
- The Nominating Committee proposed for directors consideration (at the first directors meeting of the new calendar year) a motion including recommended memberships and chairmanships for all committees.
- A sitting majority of the organization’s Directors shall be maintained on all committees and that non-directors committee members be well-chosen for their expertise. In addition, consideration for membership of Emeriti Directors, with an interest in or relevant expertise to, the work of the Committee is encouraged.
- Non-Board members of the Strategic Planning Committee shall be subject to the same Ethics Guidelines as apply to the Board of Directors.
Length of Service
- With the approval of the Board of Directors, a director may serve on the Strategic Planning Committee for the length of his or her term as a director, but in no event longer than six (6) years. With the approval of the Board of Directors, a non-Regent may serve up to six (6) years as a non-director member of the Strategic Planning Committee.
- The Board of Directors has approved that a director may be appointed as an Emeritus Director and encouraged to continue his or her service to 123 Up And Adam, Inc by serving as many as but no more than three (3) years on selected committees following his or her active service as a Director. The Board of Directors and Nominating Committee will review the effectiveness of any Strategic Planning Committee member serving as an Emeritus director along with that of all the directors in its annual nominations.
Strategic Planning Committee Policies and Procedures
- The Strategic Planning Committee shall have the power to adopt rules for the conduct of its business with respect to all matters not provided for in the Bylaws
The Committee chair shall be appointed by 123 Up And Adam’s President, with the approval of the Board of Directors. Only sitting Directors are eligible to be chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
- If the chair is unable to attend a meeting, the members will be polled prior to that
meeting and a substitute chair, for the purposes of that meeting only, will be identified among those members who have indicated that they will be present.
- The Committee will hold not less than three 3 meetings each year and such
additional meetings as the Committee chair may deem necessary or appropriate.
- The Committee chair or any three members of the Strategic Planning Committee may call special meetings of the Committee.
- Notice of the meetings of the Strategic Planning Committee may be given by hand delivery, by deposit in the U.S. Mail, by express mail, by electronic facsimile, or by electronic mail.
- Members of the Strategic Planning Committee will be provided an agenda in advance of each meeting.
- The meetings of the Strategic Planning Committee may be conducted in person, by video conference, or by telephone conference call.
- If a majority of the Strategic Planning Committee agrees, the Committee may conduct business by written ballot (whether in paper or electronic format) without a meeting. The vote of a majority of the Committee by written ballot shall constitute the action of the Committee.
- The Bylaws state that A majority of the members of all standing and special committees as may be established by the Board shall constitute a quorum.
- In the absence of a quorum, a lesser number may adjourn the meeting.
Responsibilities and Duties of Strategic Planning Committee
The responsibilities and duties of the Strategic Planning Committee shall include
- Overseeing the development and implementation of an Organizational strategic Plan
- Providing guidance and direction on the development and implementation of
programmatic policies, practices, and procedures
- Reviewing major programmatic initiatives and ensuring their consistency with 123 Up And Adam’s mission and nature as a public nonprofit organization
- Promoting programmatic collaborations among its programs and committees and between itself and outside organizations
- Undertake and review matters and issues as may be directed by the Board of Directors.
VI Communications and Minutes
- The Committee chair will report orally or in writing to the Board of Directors on other matters discussed at the most recent Committee meeting.
- Minutes of each meeting of the Strategic Planning Committee will be prepared. Draft minutes will be provided to all members for their review and, upon approval, will be made a part of the official record of the proceedings of the Board of Directors. If the Committee has not approved the minutes prior to the next full Board of Directors meeting, draft minutes will be provided to the Board. The Board will be informed subsequent to their meeting if any significant changes are made in the final version of the Strategic Planning Committee minutes. The official record of the Board of Directors proceedings for any given directors meeting will incorporate the latest version of the Strategic Planning Committee’s minutes at the time the official record is published.
VII. Resources and Authority
Staff Support and the Retention of Outside Advisors and Consultants
The Committee may, without further action by the Board of Directors retain any external advisors, attorneys, consultants, and accountants (collectively “Advisors”) it deems necessary to carry out the Committee’s responsibilities. 123 Up And Adam, Inc will adequately fund the costs and expenses of these Advisors under arrangements that assure the independence of these Advisors.
The Bylaws state that the organization’s directors may be indemnified for any and all liabilities and reasonable expenses incurred in connection with any claim, action, suit, or proceeding arising from present or past service for 123 Up And Adam, Inc, in accordance with resolutions adopted by the Board.
- As part of its duties to assist the Board of Directors in reviewing 123 Up And Adam’s philosophy, policies, and procedures, regarding strategic planning and program issues the strategic planning Committee, may propose changes to this Charter.
- The Committee will review and assess at least annually the adequacy of the Strategic Planning Committee Charter. In consultation with the board of directors and Nominating Committee, the Committee will submit proposed revisions to the Board of Directors for approval.
- The Committee will at least annually evaluate its own performance with respect to the requirements of the Charter in such a manner as the Committee, in consultation with the board of directors and Nominating Committee, deems appropriate.