123 Up And Adam, Inc has volunteer opportunities open now for a volunteer coordinator position. This position will manage all elements of volunteering. He or she will assess and meet the needs of the organisation through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers. They will manage volunteers and their relationships with those they come into contact with, including staff and clients. They also monitor, evaluate volunteers.
The activities of a volunteer coordinator usually include:
- Researching and writing volunteer policies and procedures, including risk assessments;
- Liaising with the organisation’s committees to understand how they work and assess their volunteering needs;
- Generating appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organisation;
- Raising staff awareness of the role and the function of volunteers;
- That there is support and training for volunteers;
- Promoting volunteering through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns;
- Interviewing and recruiting volunteers and ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained for a position;
- Monitoring, supporting, motivating and accrediting volunteers and their work;
- Celebrating volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organising celebration events;
- Organising profile-raising events to attract new volunteers;
- Attending committees and meetings;
- Managing resources and the reimbursement of expenses;
- Keeping up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering.
- Generating income, writing funding bids and fundraising to make projects sustainable
- Monitoring and evaluating activities and writing reports for funders and trustees
- Maintaining databases and undertaking any other administrative duties.
- The working hours will vary with times of events and other activities, some evening and weekend work may be involved. Part-time and full-time positions are available. The Volunteer coordinator will basically be office-based. Projects and jobs are often dependent on short-term external funding. Travel within a working day can be frequent. Qualifications
- The qualifications that 123 Up And Adam, Inc is looking for in our volunteer coordinators position are:
Volunteer CoordinatorClassification: ExemptSalary Level: $o volunteerReports to: TreasurerDate: As soon as possibleJOB DESCRIPTION
SummaryThe position of 123 Up And Adam, Inc volunteer coordinator will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing the volunteer programs associated with the organization’s board of directors and committees.Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organizes coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers for the board, various committees, and programs.
- Works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
- Develops and implements training programs for all volunteers.
- Maintains updated records on all volunteers.
- Sets up and attend’s volunteer meetings. Reports to board on volunteer activities as needed.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
- Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position supervises the entire volunteer force.Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a professional office environment, off-site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.Position Type and Expected Hours of WorkThis is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work frequently may be required as job duties demand.TravelTravel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area may be expected.Required Education and Experience
- No, experience necessary but a degree in social sciences, communication or related field would be helpful.
- Work experience as a volunteer beneficial. ou do not need a degree just a strong commitment to our mission
- You will build on these over time: Communication skills, Interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people, Experience on managing and Coordinating Projects and volunteers, the ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity, organisational skills, Administrative skills, maintain records and produce written reports.A driving licence and use of a car, for the purposes of visiting organisations and assisting volunteers with travel, will be necessary.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications None required for this position.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Signatures This job description has been approved by the president of 123 Up And Adam,, Inc President_______________________________________________Volunteers signature constitutes the volunteers understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.Volunteer___________________________________________Date_____________