[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_image admin_label=”Image” src=”https://123upandadaminc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/quality-1714493_1920.jpg” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” animation=”off” sticky=”off” align=”center” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”] [/et_pb_image][et_pb_divider admin_label=”Divider” color=”#0c71c3″ show_divider=”on” divider_style=”solid” divider_position=”top” hide_on_mobile=”on”] [/et_pb_divider][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”center” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column type=”3_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”] [/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE CHARTER
123 Up And Adam, Inc’s (the Organization”) Development Committee (the “Committee”) shall assist the Board of Directors (the “Board”) With raising financial and other resources for the Organization by:
- Advancement of the organization’s strategy and objectives
- Help ensure that the strength of the mission and case for support be promoted in all of the organization’s affairs
- Ensure that the organization has adequate resources to carry out the mission
- Ensure that the plans for fundraising are of ethical standards.
- Engage closely with the strategic planning committee in the programming process
- Assisting the Board with the fundraising efforts
- Help the organization in its recruiting potential donors
- Assisting staff in planning fundraising events.
The Committee shall consist of three or more members selected by the President. The Committees Chairperson shall be designated From among the committee by the committee members. Committee members shall be prepared to further the Organization’s fundraising efforts and should encourage Board members and others in his or her communities to make meaningful contributions.
III. MEETINGS AND QUORUM
The Committee shall meet at scheduled times, at least four times per year and additionally as circumstances dictate. Notice of meetings shall be given to all Committee members in the same manner as required for meetings of the Board. Meetings of the Committee may be held by means of conference telephone or other communications equipment by means of which all persons participating in the meeting can hear and speak to each other. A majority of the members of the Committee shall constitute a quorum. The act of a majority of the Committee members present at a meeting at which a quorum is present shall be the act of the Committee.
IV. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Committee shall undertake the following responsibilities which are set forth as a guide. The Committee is authorized to carry out these activities and other actions reasonably related to the Committee’s purposes or assigned by the Board from time to time. To fulfill its purposes, the Committee shall:
- Develop relationships with outside organization’s
- Recruit new corporate donors
- Assist staff in planning and developing fundraising-related events including benefits and other events designed to maintain existing donors and recruit new donors
- Maintain minutes of meetings and regularly report to the Board on Committee findings, recommendations, and actions, and any other matters the Committee deems appropriate or the Board requests.